Welcome to Rotary District 5130
District Governor Erin Dunn says ...
Welcome to Explore Rotary Month!
First of all, congratulations to our 2014-15 Rotary leaders. You did a tremendous job exemplifying Service Above Self—you made a difference in your community, our District and the world. We thank you for a job well done.
Beginning July 1, it's a new year in the Rotary world and all things are possible!
There is no offical Rotary International designation for the month of July, so I'm taking the liberty to proclaim it Explore Rotary Month. I encourage you to take a moment this month and find one new personal Rotary opportunity - maybe it's getting information on an International Project Fair from our District International Chair, or finding a Rotary Action Group or Fellowship to be a part of, or joining a club committee you haven't worked on before.
Here are a few goals to consider in the month of July:
- Support your club leadership in attaining membership and foundation objectives
- Donate $10 to the Rotary Foundation in the month of July on My Rotary
- Encourage a member of your club to attend the 2015 Institute for Leadership September 18 & 19
- Attend another club's Rotary meeting
- Plan a World's Greatest Meal for Polio
Important dates for your calendar:
World Polio Day - Friday, October 23
Foundation Dinner South (Flamingo, Santa Rosa) "The Monster Bash" - Saturday, October 24
Foundation Dinner North (Ferndale) "An Evening in the Enchanted Forest" - Saturday Novermber 14
We're off and running!
District Governor Visitation Schedule For 2015